Creative Hub is the first national platform for the support of Swiss designers in the implementation and commercialisation of their product and business ideas. Creative Hub supports Swiss designers in the promotion and utilisation of their product, service and business ideas. It accompanies the designers through trade consulting and introduction of knowledge from business administration (individual coaching) and through the transfer of knowhow and knowledge (courses and workshops), to enable them to better compete on the market, if need be to start businesses and generate an income.
We are active in all three language regions and part of the so-called Coordinated Design Promotion, which includes the organisations of Pro Helvetia, the Swiss Federal Office of Culture, Engagement Migros and Design Prize Switzerland.
- Creative Hub promotes the Swiss design industry by assisting designers to advance and realise their product, service and business ideas. These ideas can be material or non-material in nature; all strive for a return on investment, whether monetary, social or ecological. Creative Hub thereby generates an economic benefit, supports job creation and strengthens the innovative capacity of Switzerland.
- Creative Hub is pivotal with various docking sites. Its proposals are complementary to other proposals of Design Landscape Switzerland and enable synergies within the network. Creative Hub also builds relationships with other professions and disciplines and actively promotes matching for teams in business creation projects.
- Specifically, Creative Hub offers various promotion programmes, workshops and events, which are tailored to the needs of designers and their markets.
- Designers with a product/service idea or a developed prototype, which they would like to develop further, market and launch.
- Designers with a business idea, which they wish to implement proactively by a trademark, or to start a business.
- Design entrepreneurs already in business who wish to pursue a specific project with market potential and be mentored by qualified persons.
- Designers seeking partners from other disciplines (e.g. from management) to pursue a business idea as a team.
Proposals and Programmes of Creative Hub:
- Design Support: Initial consultation on topics related to business and product ideas, business development and establishment, with expert feedback.
- Creative Link: individual coaching and mentoring for designers who would like to promote, commercialise and realise a developed product or service idea on topics such as budgeting, networking with suppliers and manufacturers, marketing etc. including seed-money (small amounts which must be paid back), the possibility of pre-financing of small production runs.
- Creative Committed: A 9-month programme of workshops (one day per month), leading from the idea and business model to the business plan for a new field of business or a new firm with concluding assessment before a jury of experts and Business Angels.
- Creative Platform: Annual exhibition(s) of individual products with market potential from the above programmes at retail outlets and online sites, etc.
- Workshops: for targeted brief updates on corporate and foundation topics, respectively, early on a Wednesday evening, mostly in Bern.
- Various other events.
Creative Hub is organised as a non-profit association, run by a secretariat, is linked with important organisations in the promotion of design and associated with an advisory board. Creative Hub is non-profit making. After operating for a year it could still be considered a Start-up.
Whoever is interested in applying for one of our programmes pls. refer to the German or French pages.
Creative Hub is supported by Engagement Migros, a development fund of the Migros group.